Students must behave in a responsible manner, including but not limited to:
- Being responsible for their personal property.
- Picking up after themselves. This includes putting trash in the garbage and, if eating on the premises, cleaning up after themselves.
- Completing homework assignments on time and to the best of their ability.
- Helping with set-up and cleaning when asked by the monitor or tutors.
- Following specific rules of behavior and dress (see Conduct and Dress Codes).
- Students are required to carry their schedules with them so a monitor can, at any time, check to see that they are in the right place.
- Students must be prepared when they come to class and must have the required books, notebooks, pencil, paper, etc. If they do not have what is required, the following will happen:
- The tutor will send the student to sit with the day's monitor while assignments are completed.
- The monitor will proceed to call the parent and ask them to immediately bring the required materials to the tutoring session or to pick up their student. The student will not be allowed to participate in the class until these requirements are met.
- Games, such as chess and board games, are positive activities that are encouraged during the lunch period in the study hall. However, due to the negative perception of gambling and watching movies during tutoring times, ARCHES will not allow playing poker or other gambling games, nor playing movies/TV on any electronic device during ARCHES time. This includes watching movies and other video on iPods, laptops, or on cell phones.
- Students will not be allowed to leave ARCHES with another student unless there is prior written permission by a parent on file with ARCHES.